At Red Fox Wireless, where Audio in Motion is the name of our game, we stay abreast of the upcoming running competitions, not only lending our support and getting the word out but also fielding our own RedFox Team (#TEAMREDFOX). At most of these events you'll find Red Fox set up with booths or listening stations where you can come visit members of the RedFox Team in person, see our products in action, find out why world-class athletes like Andy Potts and Hunter Kemper train using Red Fox audio equipment and even buy your own setup before the race. Here are five of the biggest upcoming events. We hope to see you there!
1) The 2014 Memorial Hermann IRONMAN Sports Medicine Institute EXPO will be held January 17&18 at the George R. Brown Convention Center, which will also serve as the finishing point for The Chevron Houston Marathon. This combination marathon/half-marathon, which is limited to 25,000 runners and has a 6-hour time limit, is Houston's biggest single-day sporting event, with crowds expected to be near 1/2 million. This is a fast, mostly flat race course, certified by the USA Track & Field (USATF) and frequented by runners desiring qualification for the Boston Marathon.
2) The same days as the Houston Marathon, January 17&18, you'll also find us at P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Arizona Marathon and 1/2 Marathon. This race starts out in Phoenix, goes on through Scottsdale and ends up in Tempe. Live music is provided every mile and this unique event also features a mini-marathon, a kids' race and a two-person, half-marathon relay race. Actual race day, which is on Sunday, caps off a 3-day Health and Fitness EXPO.
3) #TeamRedFox will be in Miami January 31 – February 1 for the 10th Annual Miami Marathon, run in conjunction with the Nissan Health and Fitness EXPO, which will be held at the Miami Beach convention Center. This 26.2-mile race (plus 13.1-mile half-marathon) has become one of the fastest growing races in the country, attracting top, world-class runners among its 25,000+ participants. A great way to spend the first weekend in February with warm weather and hot nightspots, the Miami Marathon is co-sponsored by Dade County and the cities of Miami and Miami Beach. See you there!
4) After finishing up in Miami on February first, you can find us in New Orleans the following day for the 26.2-mile and 13.1-mile Rock 'n' Roll Marathon and half marathon that takes participating runners right through the downtown area of that city, including a trip through the historic St. Charles neighborhood and the famous French Quarter. There will be plenty of live music and cheering squads set up along this fast, flat course to rally runners on to victory.
5) Come find us in Austin, Texas on February 14-15 where Red Fox Audio in Motion will be set up at 2014 Health and Fitness EXPO at the Palmer Events Center. Come learn why top athletes train with Red Fox audio gear and take a listen yourself to our ultra high-quality wireless sound systems designed for athletes on the move. Runner's World Magazine voted The Annual Austin Marathon the "Greenest Marathon" in all of North America and the half-marathon was voted Best Half Marathon in 2012 by Austin Fit Magazine readers.